– Bring me a bucket!
I’ll show you a bucket! – You’re gonna be my new meat bicycle!
– Dropkick your babies! – (Chelsea) This feels right. – (Carson) This does feel right.
– This feels right. ♪ (8-bit intro) ♪ – Hey, Everyone.
I’m Britanni Johnson, and I am Angel
in the Borderlands series, so you might recognize me
from the top portion of your game telling you where to go
and what to do, and I do a lot of just voice-over
hosting, on-camera work in gaming. – (FBE) So, Britanni, are you
looking forward to messing with some Borderlands gamers today?
– Oh, I am so excited to mess with some gamers.
I’m really interested to see how they handle it.
Let’s go surprise ’em. – (FBE) Are you guys excited
to play some Borderlands today? – Yes.
– Yes. I’m really excited. I’m excited to die. Let’s go.
– (FBE) Here’s the thing, guys, we want to give you a little
in-real-life Borderlands experience, you know, really bring Pandora to you. – Okay.
– Oh, yay. – (FBE) Today, you’ll be playing
for the first mission of the third game
with a few added challenges. And we’ve got the actual Angel
here to assign them, so Britanni, you wanna come on out?
– Actual Angel? – Wait. What?
– No way! – Hi, guys.
– Hi! – Wait. What?
– (Britanni) Yeah. – Oh my gosh!
– So, I’m gonna be here in real life to tell you what to do
and where to go. – (FBE) Since Britanni portrays
Angel in the games, we thought she was the perfect person
to guide you on your guys’ missions. – Okay. All right.
– Oh my god. I remember you. – (FBE) So, every minute or two,
Britanni’s gonna be spinning our challenge wheel to determine
your next Borderlands-inspired task. – Okay.
– (FBE) You’ll have to complete each of these challenges
while playing Borderlands 3. – Okay.
– I’ll put the team on my back. – His back’s gonna hurt
by the end of this. – It’s all gucci.
I’m used to it. – (FBE) You ready
to pick your characters? – Let’s do this.
– Everyone picks FL4K, but I have not picked FL4K, so…
that’s the thing. Just give me one thing–
– Do FL4K. Try it out. – You know, I’ll do it.
I’m gonna pick FL4K. – Let’s go with Amara.
I like female characters more in games.
– I’ll second you with that and I’ll go for the other one.
– Zane, let’s go. – You’re gonna go with Zane?
All right. Since I’ve played Beast Master already…
– Might as well. – Nah, I wanna do something different.
– I didn’t pick him for a reason. (laughs)
– Gotta spice it up! – Who’d you pick? Amara?
– Amara. Yes, I did. – Okay.
– Oh my god, Lilith. – Hello.
– Oh, this is so cool. – Are they just seeing
this in their eye or is this like a little hologram…
– I know. It’s always really interesting.
– …that pops up in front of me? – It looks as if we were
transmitting to you. – It’s like I’m randomly
sleeping at night, and something just pops up in my face.
– Yeah, it’s a Siren power. – As soon as they announced
Borderlands 3, I replayed Borderlands 2.
– Oh, yeah. That’s what I did.
– I was like, ahhh! – I literally played it
over the summer. – I really like
the cell shading that they use in this game.
– I know right. – Like, how many games
take advantage of that? And it’s just a really cool–
– Oh, this is just looks just like the first. Wow.
– Oh, you’re so short. – FL4K’s so tall.
– That is true. Oh my gosh.
I am a monster. – Follow Claptrap.
Let’s go. – Here we go.
– All right. – (FBE) All right. Britanni,
now that we’re into the gameplay, you can head on over
to the challenge wheel. – Uh-oh.
– Oh, she’s spinning a wheel? Oh my god.
– Yeah. All right. Quick change.
– Quick change? – (FBE) That you means you have
to change controllers and change characters. – Oh, no. Well, I don’t know
too much about my character already, so…
– Yeah, we just started, so this is fine.
– At the moment, it’s not that bad. – Buffer Nerf. You gotta
shoot your partner until you’re out of bullets.
– Oh! Actual Nerf guns. (laughs) – I was– for buffer Nerf–
I’m like, so what buffs– what buffs am I getting?
What debuffs am I getting? What’s going on?
– Ah! – (Britanni) You just
have to warm up. – Oh!
– Mine keeps jamming! – I think that was it.
– Oh, no. I ran out. – Oh, I think we only had three.
– That was two shots. My chin got– oh, cool kid.
– (laughs) – You put the mag in backwards.
– (FBE) Quick change! – Switch controllers.
– (Carson) What? Oh my gosh.
– Oh, no! – All right. You get FL4K.
Oh, all right. I’ll be Amara. That’s cool.
I know how to use her. – I’m top now.
– Yeah, you’re top. – Oh, gosh. Oh.
I’m sliding. I heard the slides–
I’m not sliding. – No, that’s me.
– My brain’s looking at the bottom one! Oh, no!
– You’re like, “I’m sliding. I’m not even touching anything.”
– Gotta follow the blue diamond. – All right. Oh. A lever.
– We did it. – Ah, it’s so weird
having to use my thumb for the buttons, ’cause I have
an elite controller, so I just use all the paddles.
So, actually having to move my thumb with this stick
is very tedious. – I wanna switch back.
I didn’t even get to play FL4K for two seconds.
– I don’t even know where he went. He’s just sliding around everywhere.
– (laughs) No, don’t follow me. Follow Claptrap.
– We have to level up, guys. We gotta get good.
– You have to get a gun first. You get a gun before you get better.
– Children of the Vault? I like that. That better be
a Children of the Corn reference. – All right, Britanni.
I think it’s time for another spin. – Wait. Already?
We just got here. Hold on. Kill somebody
before something else happens. – Oh, the board scared me.
I was like, “People are shooting!” – (Carson) Watch out on your left.
– So, you have to do to do melee only. – Ah, come on! – Oh, shoot. Good luck.
– No shooting! – No shooting.
– Wait, both of us? – Yes, both of you.
No shooting. – How?! – (Britanni) You press–
– Melee. This one. – Yeah. You press–
– Oh, this is actually pretty easy. Hold on. I can do this.
I’d do this anyway. – I suck at melee.
Okay. Okay. Hold on. Hold on!
Hold on! People are shooting me. – I’m not gonna do it.
– No, no, you’re shooting. Don’t shoot!
– There we go. Melee ’em.
He’s coming toward you! Melee him!
– Where is he? – He’s right there!
Get ’em! A little lower. Yeah.
– There you go. – Yeah, it’s a lot harder.
– The whole point of this game is ’cause of the guns.
– There we go. Jeez. – Ah. This is really hard. Oh, man.
– Melee is hard. – I’m excited for you guys to see
all the different weapons. – Oh, yeah. I heard a lot
about the weapons. I’m like–
– Yeah, the guns are fun. – Yeah. I’m pretty excited for that.
– Oh, no! – (FBE) All right, Britanni.
Let’s do another spin. – Oh, great.
During the action scene? – (FBE) Psycho quote!
– All right. Are you ready? Draw a quote from this bowl
and read it. – I’ll go first.
– Well, you go, and I’m gonna kill this–
– All right. I’ll say it as I’m killing somebody.
(laughs) What a stupid line. You’re gonna be my new meat bicycle!
– (chuckles) – All right, see.
Flavor me fancy, but you really put
the pants in panting. – (laughs)
– That was like part pirate. – Whoa!
– Level two! – Yes, baby! Level two.
– Okay, so you have to dig through these bones
to get your controller back. – What? Which bone?
Wait. What am I– – (Britanni) Find the controller in a bowl of bones.
– [Bleep]. Wait, I have to– there’s a controller in here? Oh!
(bones rattling) – Don’t worry.
I got ’em for you. I got ’em.
– This is not practical. – I feel like I’m using
the gun somehow. – (Britanni) The femur.
– It’s a fe– – (Britanni) Careful.
– Do I need this one? This one does PS3. – That’s fine. It gives me
more time to shoot stuff. – All right, guys.
Switch controllers. – Works for me.
– Ugh! – It’s okay. It’ll be quick.
Ah, wait! You don’t have your sensitivity up. Ugh!
Oh, it’s so slow! – I know. You’re so fast.
– You– oh, and you have– is that toggle aim?
You do have toggle aim! – Meleeing this dude.
– Yeah, the melee’s probably the best bet at this point.
– Psycho quotes again. – (Tyler laughs) Psycho quo–
– You know, it’s better now that we’re in the battle scene
and you guys are fighting. And so…
– I’ll go first. – I mean, I don’t exactly know
what Psycho sounds like. I’ll pull one too while we’re waiting.
– Oh my god. I’ll wait till we got some more people. This is prison, and we’re the guys
in the shower! – The sweet sounds of sausage dumps
will fill my days! – Oh, I don’t know how to play on a controller.
– He’s got a blade. You’d think he would be way better.
– He should be doing some damage. – Right?
– You have to do it, like, five times before someone actually–
– See, this is why I like Beast Master’s melee.
It actually hurts. – (FBE) All right, let’s do
another wheel spin. – Stop toggle aiming!
– All right. Speaking of melee,
you can now only use melee to defeat–
– Oh my gosh! – (FBE) Melee.
– Oh, right! Melee only. Dammit! Well, I gotta get
my second one back, so I can melee. – Oh.
– Got it. – There you go.
– We got level two. – What monkey–
which animal did you pick? – I did not pick an animal yet.
I was doing things. I’m trying to pick an animal.
– You haven’t picked it yet. Which one we got?
– Use trash. Dig through this trash can
to get your controller back. – Great. You get bones.
I get trash. – Oh, why is that–
mine was way worse. Mine had–
– That’s lovely. There’s Ghirardelli chocolate
in it, though, but it’s EMPTY! Wow.
– There we go. Did you find it? – Look at this fossil.
– Whoa. Oh, we both leveled up.
I was like, “That was interesting.” – Right, guys. We have
Psycho masks for you to wear. – Oh, really?
– I have to wear a mask? (laughs) All right. Let me find
a place to hide first. – Yeah, I know.
I’m just gonna run. Ugh. – Okay.
– All right. You’re over here. – (Ed) This is really tight.
– (all chuckle) – (Tyler) This is what they have
to deal with on a daily basis. – Are you starting to have
empathy now for the bandits? – (Tyler) Uh, I don’t know how much
empathy you can really have for them. – No, especially when they’re
yelling those quotes at you. – By the time we’re over with this,
I’ll be really, really good at the controls.
– Yeah, by the time we’re over, you’ll pick an animal.
– It’s so hard to choose. – All right. One’s a monkey,
one’s basically a wolf, and one’s a…
– Spider ant. – Spider ant thing.
There we go. Oh, you got one.
– There you go. – Ah, the monkey.
– Ah, the monkey’s fun. – Yeah.
– The monkey gets a– – Yes! He’s so cool.
– If you pet the monkey… – (gasps) You can pet him?
How do I pet the monkey? – I think Amara has to.
– (gasps) No! That’s not fair! – You can’t pet your own animal.
Why does he get to pet the monkey? – Melee. Eck!
– With Amara, if you melee one of those barrels,
it pushes it into the enemies. – Oh, does it?
– But if you stab it, it’ll just explode.
– Come here. – Wait. Hold on.
I wanna find an explosive barrel now. – I think there was one
on the ground too. Oh, perfect. – Ah! That’s awesome! – You should be getting
to the first boss fight. – (FBE) Let’s do another spin.
– No one saw that. – (Britanni) All right!
– (Ethan) Oh, okay. – You have to now continue the game
wearing these Psycho masks. – Easy. Cake.
– Ooh! Yes. Yeah!
– (Ethan) Oh yeah. This is not a complication at all.
– Ahh. – (Tyler) Okay. We gotta get to here. – (Ed) This is very awkward
to play with. It’s like on my face, on my face.
– (Tyler chuckles) – (FBE) Let’s gear up another spin.
Use trash! All right, guys. You can both
take off your masks. – (Tyler) Use trash? In the– okay.
Oh, did I just touch a glove? Okay. I’m just gonna–
You know, don’t tell me how you found that.
I don’t really want– I don’t wanna know.
– How far are you in Borderlands 2? – I’m almost finished
with Borderlands 2. – Borderlands 2, I can play that–
I’ve replayed that probably around seven times.
– What do you guys think about Handsome Jack?
– Handsome Jack’s probably my– I think my favorite villain
out of almost any video game. Sorry, he killed you.
These villains, they’re fun, but they’re no Handsome Jack.
It was hard to get that level. Tyreen is no Handsome Jack.
– All right, guys. Before you can kill this guy,
you have to find cash. – Hold on. Give me a minute.
– It’s all– no, not in your wallet. It’s hidden around.
– Oh! – Oh. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
– I’m rich, man. – Hold on. – Woo!
– (Britanni) Yup. Now you can play. – Oh no, he’s coming!
– There we go, there we go. – (Britanni) All right.
– Cutscene. – (Britanni) Oh, pause.
– Oh. What’s with this baby arm? – Shiv. Brought a–
I’ve seen this. – Brought a knife to the gun fight.
– (FBE) All right, Britanni, during this boss battle,
we’re just gonna keep spinning that wheel. – Ooh.
– Oh, great. I wanna find out
how to do the ability. I’m guessing it’s just–
– (FBE) All right, quick change! – (Tyler) Oh, okay.
– All right. Switch controllers. – I gotta find out how to use
our characters to– Okay, now I’m over here. Okay. I’m gonna
just press a– punch buttons until
I figure out how to do it. – (man) …my sacrifice
quota for the day! – All right. We have
Psycho quotes. – Oh, fantastic.
Bring me a bucket! I’ll show you a bucket! Ow!
– That was very Psycho-esque. – Drop kick your babies!
– Oh my god. – (Ethan) Psycho quotes the best!
– (Kendelle) Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not playing.
I was yelling a quote! – (FBE) All right. You can
take your masks off now if you want. – Yeah, I’ll do that
while she has aggro. – You gotta keep it on
for the [inaudible]– – Oh my god.
– Critical, critical! Come on, come on! – Hold on. Hold on. And… got ’em.
– What? – Oh no, guys. You have to finish
this boss battle doing melee only. – Oh, easy enough! I got this. – No!
– (Britanni) Melee only. – Got ’em.
– I feel like you guys should have other guns by now.
– Really? Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised either.
Okay, that’s how we open our minimap. – I’m out of ammo!
– Yeah, I gotta run. – All right.
– Oh, we’re both out of ammo. Okay. – We’re both out of ammo. (chuckles)
– That’s okay. We’ll figure something out.
– This game really just– it’s just a joke toward millennials
and Gen Z people, ’cause they make tons
of streaming jokes, they make tons of jokes–
– There’s Easter eggs everywhere. – Easter eggs everywhere
and jokes toward my generation, our generation, just bagging on us
and how basically villains are just, you know, millennials.
– She’s grabbing loot. I’m moving towards objectives.
– You’re welcome. – You say “You’re welcome”
like I’m getting any. – (chuckles)
– I know there’s more stuff up forward, so you know,
I have no problem moving forward. And plus, if I move forward,
I get all the loot that’s up here while you’re still back there.
– Guys, you’re on the same squad! – Yeah.
– Yeah, it’s called Borderlands! This is a game of greed!
– Health, health. – All right. More health,
but we’re full, so we’re good for now. I’ll open up this one.
More health. So generous. – Revive Claptrap.
Claptrap, what’d you get yourself into?
– Wait, did Claptrap die? Oh, wait. He got taken away.
– You gotta jump down there. I forget if you take fall damage.
Oh, okay. I guess not. – That boss battle was actually
really, really easy, but Amara smoked him right away.
– I like the ability where it’s three abilities now
instead of just one ability. That gets kinda old after
a while in Borderlands 2. – The fun thing about this game
compared to other first-person shooter games,
it actually has a story to it, and it keeps you interested.
It’s not like Fortnite, where you’re just doing
the same thing over and over again, you know?
It’s… – Yeah.
– It’s different. – And you care about the characters.
– Yeah. – (FBE) All right, guys.
We’re gonna do one more spin before we get out
of this game here. – What?!
– (FBE) Britanni, you wanna head over over to the wheel?
– Are you in this game at any point? ‘Cause–
– Have you– you haven’t gotten–
– Do you come back? – That’s a spoiler!
– I don’t care! I miss Angel! – Ooh!
– Ooh! A backstory. – My wallet’s on screen. Hold on.
– Whoa! – Oh! So, you guys have
to finish up the last part of the game wearing Psycho masks.
– Oh my gosh. – Oh my gosh. This is amazing.
– Oh, is this from the– oh, man. Let’s– okay.
One minute. – This feel right.
– This does feel right. – Should I just jump?
Woo-hoo-hoo! – There’s no jumping.
– Yeah, no fall damage. – And Lilith.
– Ooh! Look at that. She’s cool.
– For now. – Ooh.
– Ba-dum-tss. – Yeah.
– (FBE) All right, guys! You did it!
– Woo! Amazing!
– I didn’t get even to use my action skill. All right!
– Yeah. – They found the cash super fast.
They Nerfed each other super fast. They got through it
perfectly at ease. You learned how to use
your characters pretty quickly. – I’ll have to do more research
and find out how to actually use the character abilities.
I’m not sure if we– – You haven’t even gotten
to the dubstep gun. There’s also like two bosses
that are an Easter egg, kind of like Rick and Morty.
– Oh, really? Oh my god.
– All right, all right. – (FBE) All right, guys.
You completed your mission and you survived all
of our Psycho challenges today. How are you two feeling
about Borderlands? – Well, I’ve been playing it
way too much recently. I think it’s a good sign that
I’m addicted to Borderlands again. – It’s really fun, though,
and I’m really excited to continue the story
and see where it goes. And I know you already know of it
and you already know everything there is to know about everything.
The entire series has been like, it’s a trap. It’s all a trap.
So, it’s exciting to see what’s in store for us
with this game. – (FBE) So, are you guys ready
to go back to playing Borderlands in the comfort of your own home?
– I am. – I would like to.
– For me, this game just brings a lot of nostalgia, like I remember
playing the first one so long ago. Maybe I pick this one up,
and then five years from now, when the next
Borderlands game come out, I’ll have the same nostalgic feeling
that I had from the first one. – Hey, everyone. Thanks for watching.
It was so much fun. – If you liked this episode,
hit that Like button. – Subscribe for new shows
every single week. – Bye, guys!
– If you wanna catch me later, you can find me on Twitch,
Twitter, and Instagram, @BritanniJohnson.