♪ (old-school video game music) ♪ ♪ (Michael Jackson, “Thriller” chiptune) ♪ – (Finebros) Today, you’ll be playing this. – Sega Genesis! – Is this Michael Jackson? Oh my god! – I don’t know how you can make
a game about Michael Jackson. – Snapchat, rainbow-puking
Michael Jackson game. I don’t know what this is. – (Finebros) Michael Jackson’s Mookwalker
has three levels in each stage. To give you a taste of the game, we’re gonna have
you play the first three levels of three different stages.
– (chuckles) Sweet. – (Finebros) And to really get
you feeling “bad”, we have this for you.
– Oh no. (game clatters)
Oh-ho-ho-ho! – Oh, it’s a glove?
I’m so excited! – Can I really wear this
the whole time while I play? ‘Cause I would be so excited.
Like, can I keep this? – I’m gonna channel my inner Michael. I’m gonna beat this game. ♪ (dramatic chiptune music) ♪ – (dramatically)
Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker! (in game: warbling)
– Ooh! Dat graphics though. Wow, look at these graphics.
Ten outta ten. – “Round 1-1: Club 30.” (in game: coin clinks)
– Ooh! That spin though. – (playfully) Here’s my two cents.
Turn on the jukebox. ♪ (Michael Jackson, “Smooth Criminal”) ♪
(imitating Jackson) Ooh! – Is this, like, Smooth Criminal? – Uh…
(sparkles chime) (laughing) Yay, sprinkles. (sparkles chime)
All right. Do I hit him with my fairy dust? – Uh. Uh. And kick. – This is literally my life. Oh my gosh. I need this. Oh, why is there a little girl crying? – Should I avoid the kid? Michael Jackson and children
don’t go well together. – Okay. There’s a kid crying.
Am I supposed to help her? – And kick. And C. – (little girl) Michael!
– Okay, I save the girl, I think. – (little girl) Michael!
– Oh, wait! Am I saving– Oh, I’m saving the people! Ohhh. Everything makes so much more sense. – Uh, yeah! Beat it. ♪ (Michael Jackson, “Smooth Criminal”) ♪ Uh… what is she doing? – Why’d she do that? Rude. Heh. Look, but don’t touch, okay? – (Michael Jackson) OOH!
(sparkles chime) – Yes! (laughs)
I love this. – I can play the piano. ♪ (piano plays random notes) ♪ (sparkles chime) – Get away. I’m having fun on the piano. – Hey, look, another child. All right.
(sparkles chime) The irony in this game is just… – (little girl) Michael!
– Run away, kid. You’re doing the right thing. – There’s a door there.
I have to open that. Hi, I’m Michael Jackson. Do you need help? – (little girl) Michael!
– Oh, I found another little girl. That sounded really creepy. Whoopsies. – Walk up them stairs with swag. (sparkles chime)
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! – (chuckling)
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! – Gosh. Oh, you’re not happy. I don’t care. I’m Michael Jackson.
I do what I want. (sparkles chime)
Spin him! – ♪ Smooth criminal ♪ ♪ (vocalizing song) ♪ (gasps) Yeah, that’s right, bitch! – (gasps) Oh, did you see that? I hit that one guy with the other guy.
Wow, accomplishment. – Yes! Be free! – (little girl) Michael!
– Yay! I did it. Now there’s a monkey. – I got my monkey!
Is he gonna help me? – What is this? Who are you? What the heck? What is this? – Get off of me!
(sparkles chime rapidly) What? Me spinning around
in a circle is killing me? Oh, he’s pointing somewhere. – No, that way. No that– Where– where does he want to go? – It wants me to go down, I think. – Let’s go, monkey. Woo! Michael Jackson. ♪ (random piano notes play) ♪
♪ (boss music) ♪ – Where’d you go? Okay. – “Ha ha. You’ll never catch me.” Oh, watch me, bitch.
I’m right behind you. Oh. ♪ (frantic music) ♪
Aah! (sparkles chime)
Oh no. Everything’s happening at once. – Oh my god, no.
There’s so many. Shoot! Wait. A! A! – Oh my gosh.
No! They’re all coming. – Michael kicks ’em in the face! – Okay. Oh–
(explosions) Oh, that seems legit. Michael Jackson could always do that. I already saw him do
that in concert. Didn’t you? (sparkles chime)
– This is so intense. (as little girl) “Oh, Michael!”
I saved you. Okay. (gasps) Did I do it? – I beat it? Yay! – I’m love with this game.
Just in love. – This is a fun game. This is exactly the kind of game
that I wanna play. – There was no backstory. Like, I just show up and then…
beat up a couple guys, save some children,
and then, look, a monkey! Like, I don’t know.
I’m kind of confused. – (Finebros) Ready for the next stage?
– I’m actually really excited ’cause maybe that monkey will come back and tell me what’s going on around here. ♪ (Michael Jackson, “Bad”) ♪
– Yes! The Moonwalk. – (Michael Jackson) Who’s bad? – “Round 2-1: Street.” – Takin’ it to the streets! – I’m praying that it’s
as easy as it was before. ♪ (Michael Jackson, “Beat It”) ♪
(dog barks) – Don’t tell me I have to hurt the dog! I don’t want to hurt it. – (Michael Jackson) OOH!
– I have to hurt– (sniffles) – (Michael Jackson) OOH!
– Ho! Oh snap! – (dog barks)
– Oh shit! (laughs) – X.
– (little girl) Michael! – (imitating girl) Michael!
That’s me! – You know what would’ve
been a better story for all this? Michael is trying to find
his new nose. (laughs) Aww. That was mean. – Come at me.
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! – (to tune of Beat It)
♪ Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ♪ ♪ I’m so good at this game ♪ ♪ And you can’t do anything about it ♪ ♪ Oh, I’m gonna die ♪ (dog barks)
– Get away from me! (dogs bark)
Stupid dog. – (grunts) I’m Michael Jackson! Yarrrggh, nooo!
(laughs) Why? Why won’t you die, dogs? – The dogs are making me very upset. Like, I’m getting very mad. (dogs bark)
– Sparkles, go! Go! Go! Sparkles, go. Sparkles. Aaaaaaaaah! It’s not working! My strategy– OH, IT WORKED!!! – Get outta here. Oh, you got– oh, double kill. Did you see that? That was smooth. What?! He’s got– he’s got a gun! (dogs bark) – (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH!
– They’re everywhere! (laughing) No! No– what?! No! They won’t die. They won’t die.
♪ (game over music) ♪ I kicked them so many times. – Ooh, did you see that? (dogs bark)
Ohh, did you see that? (dogs bark)
– (little girl) Michael! – Hey, that was just like–
I was just like, “I’m just gonna check it just in case, but…” (imitating dogs) – STOP! Stop! The dogs are fricking rude. – Jump this way and then I jump that way. No, what?! – Okay. Okay, dog on a roof. All right. It’s totally normal.
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! – What?
(dog barks) Get up here, bitch. Bring it. (sparkles chime)
– Oh! I almost died from that. (sparkles chime) – (little girl) Michael! – Where’s this little girl at? I think that’s weird. “I’m gonna find you, little girl.”
But that’s– yeah. That just doesn’t sound right. – (little girl) Michael! – I got one–
I got one last Lego child left. – I got ’em. I got ’em. – And there’s the monkey thing.
What does that monkey do? – But– oh, here we go.
Bubble’s telling me where to go. – Let’s roll. Okay– oh. (laughs)
♪ (boss music) ♪ What is this this?
“Ha ha. You’ll never–” Bitch, you said that last time. ♪ (frantic music) ♪ – And the way they’re walking.
(sparkles chime) I love it.
(explosions) Whoa! – You guys, I’m so low on health.
(sparkles chime) – You guys wanna [bleep] jump down any day? I’m not going up there. – Wait, wait, crap!
Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Special move. – (Michael Jackson) OOH!
– Shoot. (sparkles chime)
– Oh no! I went down. (frantically) Oh my god! – My magic is failing me. Stay away. Get out of here. Okay. Hi, child. Okay, cool.
I did it. – I need to kill you.
You’re my last person. Jesus Christ. Frick yeah! I got the girl. – (little girl) Michael!
– (imitating girl) Michael! Woo! – “Woods.” Random, but okay. – It’s a cemetery, bitch.
That’s not the woods. ♪ (Michael Jackson, “Another Part of Me”) ♪ – I don’t what song this one is. – Oh, perfect. (sparkles chime)
Zombies too? – What the [bleep]? Jumping zombies?
What is this? (chuckles) There we go.
I did the moonwalking. (chuckles) – Oh! Oh no!
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! (sparkles chime)
Oh, shoot. This is fricking hard. – I did not sign up for this! – (Michael Jackson) OOH!
– Oh, shoot. Wait, I was using special moves! Crap! – They come out of the ground? No! Whoa!
– (little girl) Michael! – Hello. Why are you in a graveyard? – Ah, shit. Get outta here. – (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH!
– (little girl) Michael! – Yes. Okay, child, give me health. Holy crap. – Okay, so I’m guessing I have to jump. – I like how touching the children
gives me a boost in energy. – How do I kill that bird? It’s the animals in this game, man. They’re vicious. – (little girl) Michael!
– Michael! – Can I check the bushes? – (little girl) Michael! – That was just a lucky guess. – Oh my god! Oh my god!
OH my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!
Holy– jump! Oh my god! I need a child. I need a child.
I need a child. I need a child. That’s so weird out of context.
I need a child right now. (shrieking) Run away! (squealing) Run away!
Run away! (panting) (squealing) AAAAAH! NOOOO!!! ♪ (game over music) ♪
– [Inaudible]. – Can I get up there by, like… like… jumping up here?
Like, jumping up? Yes!
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! – (little girl) Michael!
– Oh my gosh! I did it. ♪ (creepy music) ♪
– Yay, monkey. Lead me to my death. – I hear you, Bubbles. Oh, this way? ♪ (boss music) ♪
– (groans) I hate this guy. – Let’s go! ♪ (frantic music) ♪
– Bring it, bitch. (sparkles chime)
– (squealing) Nah! – (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH!
– Aah! (sparkles chime)
– Sh– holy moley. I am not doing well on this level at all! – (Michael Jackson) OOH!
– Why won’t they just come down here? – (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! OOH!
– (grumbling) (grumbling) (in game: warbling)
– What’s going on? – Yes!
♪ (Michael Jackson, “Thriller”) ♪ Uh! ♪ Thriller ♪ – (laughing) Really?
– (Michael Jackson) OOH! – Cool. (laughs)
Cool, all right. I just made all the zombies kill themselves while humiliating them
to the Thriller dance. – It was fun. I love the music. I loved that they had his music in there with a little bit of a eight-bit spin. – I loved it. I would play it all day. – Ten out of ten.
Would recommend, honestly. IGN. (laughs) – (Finebros) This game was actually based on Michael Jackson’s movie,
also called Moonwalker. – He had a movie?
Wait, he had a movie?! – (Finebros) And we’re gonna
show you the trailer today. – Oh my gosh, okay. – Yes! ♪ (dramatic music) ♪ – Oh, okay. ♪ (’80s synthpop) ♪ – (narrator) He comes from
a place beyond the stars… – “Beyond the stars.”
That’s how cool he is. – (narrator) …to take them to a world
beyond their dreams. – What the [bleep]?
– (Michael Jackson) Ow! – What? The game had,
like, none of this! – (narrator) …from the imagination
of Michael Jackson. – It’s like Power Rangers
mixed with Michael Jackson. – (Michael Jackson) OW!
♪ (Smooth Criminal) ♪ – Oh, I feel like this a bad acid trip. – Oh my gosh.
I’ll have to watch this again. (engine hums) – (narrator) Michael… – What are these animals doing in here?! – (Michael Jackson) OW! – (narrator) Nothing could
prepare you for his movie… Moonwalker.
– What?! Wait, wait, wait. What? – (narrator) It’s written… in the stars. – I don’t know where I’m gonna find it,
but I’m gonna find it. I’m gonna watch it.
– (Michael Jackson) OW! – OW! – Thanks for watching us play
Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker on the React channel. – Wanna see more retro gaming videos? Prove it. Give us a thumbs up. – What game should we play next? New or old, let us know in the comments. – Subscribe! New gaming
episodes every Sunday. – Bye, everyone. Who’s bad? WOO! ♪ (old-school video game music) ♪