♪ (upbeat video game music) ♪ – “Overcooked.”
Don’t know what that is. – Oh, it’s a cooking game, I think. – I don’t cook, so, I mean,
I know how to make instant ramen. – This looks super cute. It looks like Cooking Mama, but cuter. – (FBE) So in this game,
you’ll both be working together to cook and serve
as much food as you can before time runs out. – Okay.
– I think we got this. – I think so.
– We’re both pretty smart people. – I’m okay at cooking. Like, a seven out of ten.
– Mm, I’m around a four. – The last time I did something
involving teamwork was Battletoads, and that went horribly! Let’s do this! – “In the not-so distant future…” Whoa-ho! Man, this is intense
for a cooking game. – Why is it an apocalypse? I thought we were cooking. – These graphics are so cute. I love it. “Well, this is it.
The end of times.” – “The Beast is approaching,
and so we must act and start a successful restaurant
in uptown New York with a chic atmosphere.” – “You are all that stands between
the Onion Kingdom and total annihilation.” – “Arf.” (laughing) “Kevin is right! We must work together to feed The Beast.” – It’s like spaghetti. Oh– oh. – It’s a meatball monster.
(meatball growling) Oh!
– (giggling) – “We must act quickly.” – This game has more exposition
than Batman V Superman. – Oh my gosh. “Quickly! Pick up an ingredient
with your X button.” – Oh, over here.
– Oh. – “Marvelous! Now pass
that tomato to the left side.” Is this you?
– You’re on the left side. – Pick up the thing, and then I
take it to here, right? And now the tomato must be chopped.
Use this button. – I need to pass
the ingredients to you– – Take the– take the tomato. – I’m going, I’m going. Oh, here. Oh, oh– shit! – Lettuce coming up. – You know what? I’m not a good chef. I can’t make omelettes.
– You have to click X. – Click X? Where?
– Just bring it toward me. – Okay. Take it.
– There you go. – On a plate?
Where is the plate? Oh.
– Oh, I have the plate. – I got you.
– Right there. – Give it to them.
– I’m trying, look! – Come on.
– Are you freaking serious? Oh my–
– There you go! See? – You know what that giant monster wants? A salad. Perfect. – All right, feed it.
(order bell dings) We got a tip!
– (laughing) Where does he keep the money? – Now take it to him. Okay. I feel like it’s going to get
really intense, really fast. – Oh, the orders– top left, top left!
– Top– – We need lettuce! We need lettuce! – There’s no lettuce.
– Move the plate! Move the plate! There’s lettuce right there. – Oh, there’s a lot of orders. – Too many things keep popping up
and we’re not prepared. This is my life. How is it that,
in a game with two buttons, I’m still forgetting
which button does what? – Oh, you gotta go grab the plate.
– On a plate, right? – Yeah, grab the plate,
and then put it on the desk, and then– yep, there you go.
There you go. Okay, so I’m basically–
no, no, no, no, no, no! You got it, you got it, you got it.
Come on, we have a minute. – Wait, there’s a timer?! – How did you not notice the timer? – I– I didn’t see the corner. – Chop this up.
Don’t give him just the– – Oh shoot! Well,
you didn’t tell me that! – The top left order, see, see? – I know, but I was just waiting
for you to tell me. – You need another one of those.
Oh gosh, we’re running out of time. – Just let it so– boom. Uh, uh, tomato–
I need a tomato. Give it– give it to me!
Give it to me. Go, go, go, go. (groaning) “It’s no good. The Beast
cannot be satisfied.” – So we were supposed
to fail the first level, right? – If we lost–
– No, I think we’re good. I think we’re good.
– It says it’s no good. – Oh, is this just the first level
and we lose it no matter what? So it’s a pretty good thing
we lost it early on. – “Greetings, friends. It is clear to me now that
you are not ready to take on The Beast.” Clearly. – “That is why I have brought
you back to the year 1993.” – The ’90s were a good decade. I’m not complaining. – “You must strike out
into the Onion Kingdom. Travel far and wide,
hone your skills, and master the ancient art of cooking!” All right, let’s do it. – Oh my god, I’m driving it. Nyewwwww!
– Don’t crash. – (laughing) Okay.
– Back to business. – Let’s do this. Let’s get serious. – Here we go. – Oh, I can switch characters now? – Yeah, maybe it was
my character that was sucking. – How to make soup.
– Well, it says how to make BASIC soup, but I feel like we’re
still gonna screw it up. – We take the onion, we chop the onion, we soup it–
– Soup it? (laughing) We heat it up?
– We soup it, and then it’s soup! I tell you what, I’ll do the chopping,
and then you do the soup. – I’m in a wheelchair.
– Wait, what do I do? – Wait, you put three in there.
– Do I chop it up? No, I have to take it to the choppy-chop. – Okay, we only need three,
so you just chop that one. – How do you chop so fast?
– Did you just chop that one? Yeah, and boom–
stick it in. Okay, I think we just chill after that. – I’m gonna set this down.
Uh, it’s cooking. It’s taking its time.
– So, how have you been? – I’m great.
– Nice! Hey, good to see you, buddy.
– Good to see you too. – Just start preparing things, I guess. – Now I wait for it. What are we gonna do after? – Uh, I don’t know.
– Where are we–? – Do we take it?
– Oh, we put it on that plate, I think. – Okay, bring the plate through that. Hold it, hold it, go, run. Run, run, run!
Good chopping. (cash register rings)
– Yay, we got a tip. – So, do we still– “dirty plates
need to be washed up in the sink.” All right!
– You got this, dude. – I got this. – I’ll wash the dish, okay?
Is this a dirty plate? I think so. – Wait, the plates– we need to wash them. – Um, okay, hold on. – You just put them in the sink.
You didn’t even wash them. – How is this not burning my hands? – Wait… (tittering) – Jeh– blah– what are you doing?!
– I thought, wait, wait– – Where does the plate go?
No, there– okay. What– where– why are you in the corner?! – Wait, wait, I’m supposed to put–
wait, why can’t I–? (grumbling) I have to cook it. Oooh! (laughing) – Take that bowl of soup to the–
– Oh! Uh-oh. (warning beeps)
Uh-oh. – Hurry, hurry, hurry! – Oh god, oh god, oh god.
– Take it, take it. It’s too hot.
– Hot damn. – (tittering) It’s burning! It’s burning! – Okay, we’ve got–
okay, we’ve got a lot of orders left. – Wait, how many do we need to do? – Four more, so we need 12 onions. – Take the– take the soup!
Take the soup! – Why is there a fire extinguisher? I bet–
– Take the– aah! – Take what?
– You’re not helping! – I’m putting the–
I’m starting the next one. – If you cook the soup for too long,
it’s gonna blow up. – Move, move, move! (laughing) No, why are you–?
– Oh, dang it! – I’ve been trying for, like, 80 years.
– It was cooking too long. It was about to blow up. – Hurry!
– I’m trying! – Boop.
– Nope, okay, wait, nope! Wait.
– Boom. – Move! – 70 seconds, we just need
to get one more plate in. – We have to get five! – Okay, watch out, watch out, watch out. (timer ringing)
– (groaning) – Why is it shaking?
– We need to hurry up with the soup. – Take the soup! You take the soup.
You take the soup. You take the soup.
(timer counts down) I’m gonna start putting–
(timer ringing) – No! – Oh, time’s up. – I don’t think we’re supposed
to get all of them, are we? – Oh, I guess not. (gasping) – Oh, we got three stars.
– Nice! – And that’s how you run
a C class restaurant, boys and girls! – Did we win?
– I think we’re good. – Kitchen complete!
– Boom. We’re, like, Gordon Ramsay,
and Cooking Mama. I was head chef.
You gotta say, “Yes, chef.” – Yeah. (laughing)
– “Yes, chef!” – We did it. I thought we completely failed
at life, but we did it. I think we did well. Let’s see if we can do well-er. – I think we know what we’re doing, okay. – Okay, what are we doing? – Oh god, it’s a bigger place now.
– Oh! It’s soup again. – Who cooks in the middle of the road?! This is just unsafe. – We got to cut stuff,
we got to cut stuff. – Just bring the stuff over to the plate. I’ll cut it. – (grunting) Oh, we have
two soup things that we can do now. – Can you bring the onions here?
Can that be your job? No, we don’t need a tomato.
We’re making onion soup. – Oh well, you’re gonna have a tomato. I don’t know where– okay, here. – Oh, now we need a tomato soup. – Okay, you’re delivering
and I’m just gonna stick it in a pot. How about that? – Grab the soup, it’s burning! – Oh Jesus!
– It’s burning, it’s burning. Just take it off.
Just– just leave it off. – I’ll be in charge of the soup
and bringing the ingredients, and…
(warning beeps) Put that in the soup.
– It’s too hot! – Hot damn.
– Put it on the plate. – No, no, we need three onions in it. – Oh, okay, put it–
– Now the tomato’s not working. I put an onion in the tomato soup!
– Oh my gosh, shit’s on fire. – That soup is gonna overheat.
– (squealing) Where’s the plate? (laughing)
– We can’t get it. Wait, this is on fire.
How can you put it out? – Oh, the fire extinguisher! Oh Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. – While you’re over there,
putting out the fire. – (squealing)
– We haven’t done anything. No, no, you– [inaudible] thing. – Is it too late to get the soup now? – Do I just– do I dump him?
Where is the sink? Is this the sink?
– Oh, over there, there’s a little– – Where’s the sink?
– Over here, over here. I can see it.
Throw it out over here. – Oh, okay, well,
we’re doing very, very poorly. – We have a minute left.
I think we’re doing fine. – Well, the problem
is they keep adding more soups. If people would stop
getting hungry, this would be easy. Where’s the plate?
Okay, I need a plate. – Where is the–
– Clean the plate! – Oh, we have to– the dishes.
I forgot to do the dishes. It sounds like home. – This restaurant only has two plates. – Dumb shaking, like, stresses me out! Take it!
– Move, aah! Boom.
– Okay– – I don’t think we did that bad.
– Mm… – I don’t think we did that bad.
– That’s debatable. – We only missed, like, two orders. – Oh man, that was rough. – Good game, good game. – One star! Woo!
– Yeah, but we still passed. – 66%? – That was with our best effort, too. We’re gonna do better next time. We’re gonna get three stars next time. – It looks like we’re on
a cruise ship or something, or like a pirate ship. – Are we gonna get attacked
while this is happening? – So, I’m gonna be on this side. I’ll slap all the food down right away, and then you chop, slap it in the pan,
put it on the plate, and serve it up. – Okay– oh, we got three–
we got mushrooms now, too. – Yes, chef!
– Uh… – Oh no, why did I–
– We need onion, we need onion. – Onion, onion, here we go, onion! – Hit me up with three of those onions.
– One, two… – ♪ Boom, boom, boom ♪ ♪ Boom, boom, boom, boom ♪ – Here’s another! It won’t even let me over to your side,
so I can’t help you at all. – You can, you can go
all the way around, but it’s like– – Why would I do that? – We have plenty of time.
Good, it’s all good. – Okay, I’m so– no!
Okay, I’m so focused right now. – Okay.
– Well, that’s not fair! – Not cool, okay.
Let’s not. – See, that didn’t happen
when we were looking at the two-dimensional map. – Whoaaaa!
– Oh my god! – Yo, we gotta switch. – What happened?
Wait, can you go get the soup? – That’s– that’s where I’m trying to go. (warning beeps)
Ee, got it. – I need potatoes, okay.
– Okay, not again, not again, not again, not again,
not again, not again. – No, no.
– No, no, no, no! I need– okay, go this way.
This way, no, back to your side. – Okay, okay, okay, okay. – Go back around, go back around. – I’m going, I’m going, I’m going, I’m– My finger is, like, sliding off the–
– Order up! – I put a mushroom…
– Oh god! – …with the onion, dang it. – Dang it, no!
No, we need a new soup. Can you trash that? – I’m gonna stack up
the onions for the next one. And then it’s gonna
be mushroom after that, so here we go with
some mushroom, look at that. Very nice. Yes, chef!
– Yeah! – (laughing)
– There we go! Now we got the teamwork. Oh no.
– (growling) Why?! – Wait, get the soup. Serve it.
– There we go. And–
– Boom, easy. – Oh, perfect.
That’s smart, okay. – I need an onion, I need an onion. Oh my god, I need an onion.
– I got you over here. Here, I’ll cut it up.
– Oh Jesus. Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot. No, it’s gone. Oh god,
it’s gone, it’s gone. Argh–
– It came in clutch. – All right. Oh god.
– This cruise ship’s about to burn down. – This kitchen’s a nightmare. – Take it off the thing!
Take it off the thing! – I– I need to cut–
– It’s gonna blow up! Oh, fire! Fire!
– (laughing) – Fire! – Okay, that’s one on there.
Just get it off, just get it off, just get it– okay, never mind.
I’m guess I’m going. – Okay, grab it,
grab the fire extinguisher. Just go for it, sorry. – Fire! Fire!
– Man, that’s violent! – Fire. Uh-ah-ah–
– This is– no, okay. – (stammering)
– (speaking gibberish) – Aah!
– What are you doing?! – AAH!
– Did you burn down the pirate ship? – No, wait, wait–
– Where’s the fire extinguisher? I’m throwing the potatoes in the fire.
– Everything’s on fire. Wait, I got this. – Fire!!!
– (laughing) – We got it! FIRE! – Oh my god. (laughing) – We’re chillin’, we’re chillin’.
Don’t worry about it. Don’t worry about it. – Oh my god! – And that was such a perfect soup, too. – Good form. I can tell you’ve lit a lot of fires. – Tomatoes, grab those!
– I already have it sliced. Just put it– okay, is it cooking?
We’re almost done. So go to the other side–
– We need plates. – Where’s the plate?
– Boom. – Go, go, go, go!
– Ah, what do we need? – Onion, olive–
– Tomato, tomato, tomato! – Too many food names! – We’re done.
– I think we won. – I think got, like, one– one star. Only one fire in the kitchen. – We were surrounded by water,
and we caught on fire. That’s not how that should work! – We passed.
– We’re average. We’re sufficient. – I want to say it’s not difficult,
but there’s something about it that’s just like–
there’s always something that’s gonna happen that you don’t expect. – (groaning) – It’s pretty hard. – You can’t waste a second.
Like, every second counts. – I don’t think
we’ll ever hit three stars, but we’ll have fun doing it.
– Mm-hmm. – Thanks for watching this episode
of gaming on the React channel. – Thank you guys so much. If it wasn’t for you guys,
you know, I couldn’t be cooking like I am right now. – What games are you playing?
Let us know down in the comments. – Subscribe! We’ve got
new gaming episodes every week. – Bye, guys! Are you cooking the soup? – (Seth) Yes, chef! – Hey, guys, I’m Zach, a producer
at the React channel. Thank you so much for watching,
and as a special treat, I’ve cooked you up something right here. Okay, there’s, uh, nothing on the plate, but we’re always
cooking up new episodes, so why don’t you check them out below? ♪ (upbeat video game music) ♪