♪ (upbeat video game music) ♪ – “Tattletail”? I have
no idea what this is. – The font is super happy,
but that doesn’t look happy at all. – I don’t like the security camera look. That usually means something’s
gonna pop up at me. – I’ve seen a few gameplays of it.
It looked really scary. – (FBE) We’re gonna give you one chance to see if you can make it
through the first four nights of Tattletail alive.
– Okay, alive. – I’m really good at scary games. But I hate playing them,
because I get jumpscared a lot. – Let’s do it. – This is so reminiscent
of being a kid in the ’90s and putting in VHS tapes. (giggles) Oh, 1998. – 1998. I was in first grade. Oh, this is just like my room! “Open your Christmas presents early.” That’s a first. This is great. – I’m gonna get out of the room. – (gasps) Christmas tree. – Where are the presents?
They’re usually– Yo, where’s Santa? Where you at? – I celebrate Hanukkah. So I don’t even know where
the presents are supposed to be. – If I were a Christmas present,
where would I be? – “Hold Shift to run.”
Oh, it makes noise. Okay. So obviously something’s
gonna be chasing us. – (sulkily) We gotta go
in the basement. Fuh! – I’m tense right now, bro. I’m tense. – “Hint: watch the yellow icon
on the top right to see where you’re making noise.” – Okay, that’s that I’m making noise? So, like, the killer’s gonna find me? – Where’s my Christmas presents? Mm, there’s a microwave. That’s just what I wanted. Can I go now? – Where them presents at? They really don’t want me to find these. – Where’s the present–
where are the presents at? Oh, I found them. – I’m gonna get in trouble. – Oh! It’s– oh. Is that like a Furby? I hate Furbies. – “Talking Tattletail.” I don’t know. You don’t look creepy at all. – This is like a demonic Furby. – This is just like a devil Furby.
You could already tell. – (Tattletail) Playtime for me!
– (frightened gasp) Shut up! – (Tattletail) Me Tattletail.
– (screams) No! – (Tattletail) Me love you.
– Aw, I love you too for now. Now shh. – I don’t want it. Give it back. – “He really eats. Grab some food
from the upstairs fridge.” – (Tattletail) Give me a treat.
– Yes, I know. I know you want to eat. – (Tattletail) Give me a treat.
– Aah. Okay, okay. I’ll give you a treat. – Let’s keep it down. Let’s keep
the love just between us. – Bro, shut up! – (Tattletail) Give me a treat.
– Shut up! Shut up! – Upstairs fridge.
(frantically) Where’s the fridge? Why am I so freaked out? – (Tattletail) …a treat.
– Come on! – (Tattletail) Give me a treat.
– Don’t eat me. – (Tattletail) Hehehehehe.
– Oh, my god. – “Use the brush in the living
room to clean Tattletail.” – This is just like a Furby. – It’s like a Tamagotchi, you know? You’re just taking care of it. – All right.
– (Tattletail) Hehehehehe. – He’s really needy for a toy. – “Go back downstairs in the box”? – You want to sleep. – Bro, me really scared
right now. Oh my god. ♪ (eerie chime) ♪ – What was that? – (Tattletail) It’s dark.
– Yeah. It’s okay. You’re gonna go in a box. You’ll be fine. – Okay, you’re back in their house. – (Tattletail) Tattletail go home.
– Can I just put it back in the box? – Wrap it up! Bye! – Go to bed! Go to bed! – Man, I really don’t want
a Furby this year. – Where are the parents of this kid? Why are they letting him
run around the house without any supervision? (phone ringing)
– Oh, I hear ’em. Oh, I’m not picking that up. – “Don’t answer the phone.”
Don’t need to tell me twice. (warble) (relieved) Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! (falsetto) I don’t like this game at all! – “December 21, 1998,
four days before Christmas.” – Why do I got to investigate
the clunking noise? – Probably in the basement, ’cause that’s where everything scary is. – Why would a kid go back
to playing this loud-ass toy? It’s like he wants to get in trouble. – Clunking noise? Clunkity-clunk-clunk. – That sounds like a washing machine. – It’s getting louder.
We’re getting somewhere. Where– oh, okay. (washing machine rumbling, rattling) Those pesky washing machines.
– (Tattletail) Hehehe. – How’d he get out? – “Please charge.” – He’s just as annoying as Furbies were. – Charging station’s over here. All right. – (Tattletail) ♪ La la la la la la ♪
– Got you! I’m– shut the [bleep] up! – I should’ve just let him die. – “Let’s have some fun.
Find a vase in the basement.” – I don’t want to play with you, man. Let’s cut this play date short. – We’re heeere. No, I’m going the same w–
oh, there it is. Found it. – (Tattletail) Tattletail, that’s me. – (gasps) No! ♪ (resonating chord) ♪ – Da [bleep]? Tattletail? – (Tattletail) That’s me.
– Is that a flashlight? Yes, it is. – (FBE) Right-click to charge the light.
– Right-click? (beeping, Tattletail exclaims) – “Oh no”? What’s the “oh no”
bullshit? What’s this task? – Aw, this game just got scary,
man. I hate this. – What the [bleep] is that? – Aah! (calms down) Okay. (chuckles) That was too much. – Wrap Tattletail back up. – (Tattletail) Tattletail go night-night. – (imitating) Yes, you do. – Okay. – It’s getting intense. (laughs) – “Three days before Christmas.” – Let’s go. Let’s get this. – “Grab flashlight.” Yes. Shake that way up. – “Investigate the grinding noise.” (faint rattling)
– Oh, that sounds awful. – To the basement,
where all the kids have fun. – This is so much scarier
than the other night. – Sounds like… gears? – Oh. What’s over here? It’s getting bigger?! – The hell is this? (warble) ♪ (light orchestral music) ♪
– Aah. It’s very diabolic. – This is [bleep]– no! – That’s Tattletail’s mom! “Find Tattletail upstairs.” – Tattletail, where are you? – I’m getting too freaked out
to even, like, try to run. – What are you doing, man? (Tattletail laughs creepily) Come on. – (Tattletail) Show me Mama.
– Okay, I’ll bring you to your mom. – (Tattletail) Show me Mama.
– (testily) I’m gonna! – If only I remembered where Mama was. – She was, like, at a door or somewhere. – Mama’s over here. – (Tattletail) Where’s Mama?
– Where– (gasps) where did she go? – Oh no, Mom! – Mama’s fucking mad at me for taking Tattletail out
and playing with him. – You gotta wrap him back up. – Bye, Tattletail, bye. (warbling) (flashlight rattles)
– I’m running. [Bleep] this. – “Clean up Tattletail’s mess.” – I don’t care if I make
noise at this point. I don’t think it matters. (electricity crackles)
Wait, what? (electricity crackles)
– (gasps) “Mama makes a grinding noise
when she’s nearby.” – I want to breathe. – (sucks air, groans deeply) – Aaah. Is that Mama? – I try to bring your kid to you,
and you went away. – (whimpering) This is freaking me out. (phone ringing) (unsettling warble) – (screams heartily) [Bleep]! Ugh! I HATE these games, bro.
I HATE this stuff. Why do you guys make me do this? – Gosh. This is the worst game invented. All right, gonna clean up your mess. – (relieved) Hoo! – (nervously) She’s so scary! – This is night four.
Is this the last one? (words clacking on screen) “Investigate the chattering
coming from outside.” – Oh, the door’s open. – This is what it’s all about.
They build up. ♪ (Tattletail singing a ditty) ♪
– God, this is the most annoying toy ever. – (affectionately) Oh, another Furby. – Hey, Tattletail made a friend! – Is that his girlfriend?
(warble) – (Tattletail, loud voice) Me loves you!
– Aah! – (Tattletail) Let’s play a game!
– Let’s not. “Hide and seek. Touch
the friend to start the game.” – Play hide and seek.
– (Tattletail) Oh, hehe. – “Survive for 30 seconds
while Tattletail’s–” oh. Oh. (flashlight rattles)
Oh, he just, like, vanished. Survive what? Mom? – Oh god. – I’m gonna have to feed him soon. – “No peeking.” (loud, unsettling warble)
Aah! Okay. – (Mama, creepy singsong)
Mama will look out for you. – Hi, Mom. She’s gone. Aah!
(resonating chord) (whimpers) I’m so done with it. – (Tattletail) Aah!
– Shut up, Tattletail! (rapid beeping)
[Bleep]! Shit! Run! (ominous music subsides) “Hiding upstairs. Find him.” – (Tattletail) Give me a treat. (low warble) Hehehehehehehe. – Look, now I have to groom him. – (Tattletail) …hiding. – I have to hurry up before
the battery goes down. – Okay, heard you coming from this way. – I hear you! I just can’t find you! (flashlight rattles) All right, I’ll check a different room. – Are you hiding
in my room? Yeah, you are. – (Tattletail) …hiding.
– Stupid. – (Tattletail) You found me. – That’s creepy. (Tattletail warbles, low-pitched) – Can we not play anymore? (words clacking)
No-ho-ho-ho. – (Tattletail) No peeking. – One and a half minutes
while Tattletail’s friend hides.” – (Tattletail, muffled) Hi, Mama. – No, don’t say that. Do n–
– (Tattletail) …bedroom. – He ratted me out! – I’m not good at this. – [Bleep], I have to feed you. – (Tattletail) Give me a treat. – Shut up before you make noise. (flashlight rattles) (startling warble)
– (shrieks) Oh my god. ♪ (horrifying music) ♪ Oh my god, oh my god. – Where is–
♪ (resonating chord) ♪ (faint voice) – Oh! D’oh my gosh! Aah! I don’t want to play. (beeping)
– Stop! ♪ (music intensifying) ♪ I don’t even care that I’m
in the basement anymore. (flashlight rattles) (Tattletail chuckling) Hell yeah. – There you are, you little shit. – Oh, you’re where Mama was. – (Tattletail) You found me. – All right, I don’t want to play again. – “Grab the VHS.” – “Play the VHS.
Bring it to your bedroom TV.” – All right, let’s get up there. – ♪ Da da da ♪ Yeah, let’s play a game. – Now it’s like Five Night at Freddy’s. “Tattletail.” – This looks like a bad infomercial. ♪ (upbeat jingle) ♪ (laughs) – Oh god.
– ♪ Tattletail ♪ – (Tattletail) Tattletail, that’s me.
– This is a commercial. – Oh. (gasps) – (Tattletail) …me.
– What was that? What is that? What is that? What the? There was dead people. – (FBE) You officially
survived four nights. – Oh my god. I don’t know how. – I survived four nights. – Woo-hoo! I don’t want to wake up.
No, no, no, no, that’s okay. You can’t make me. – Thanks for watching us
relive childhood trauma on the React channel. – Don’t forget to subscribe
for new shows every week. – See you–
(ominous laughter) Oh my… Was that real? – Hey, everybody. Derek here,
one of the React channel producers. And I know what all my coworkers
are getting for presents. If you had a toy that
horrified you as a child, let us know in the comments.
Maybe you’ll get one too.