♪ (upbeat video game music) ♪ – “The Legend of Zelda.” I’ve heard of The Legend of Zelda,
but I’ve never played it. I don’t know what it’s about. Is his name Link or something? – This is the new Zelda game,
I’m assuming. – Oh!
– Zelda! – Hey! My brothers just got this
and they’re insane about it. – I only played the very first one. I liked it. – Ocarina of Time was my obsession, so this is exciting for me. – (FBE) Zelda: Breath of the Wild
is the newest installment from one of the longest running
action RPG game series, with now 19 main series titles,
starting with The Legend of Zelda in 1986. – A classic.
– That’s crazy. – That’s the one I played. – It’s cool that they all “Link” together. – (FBE) And we’ll be having you play
this on the brand-new Nintendo Switch. – Woo!
– Ooh! – I think I’m going to do great
if we let Josh handle the controls. – (dramatically) “Breath of the Wild.” Ooh!
– It’s like a movie. – (whispering) “Open your eyes.” – Here we go, okay.
– (woman) Wake up, Link. – Ooh, Link got buff. – He’s jacked!
– Look at them pectorals. – Just look at how beautiful the water is.
– Yeah. – My boy was just sleeping in a jacuzzi. Somebody had to come wake him up. – So he’s not in a village,
like in the other games. Move. Basic controls. – Oh, look– the three hearts
in the corner. – Hey! – I’m assuming I got to A–
– Examine. (tablet whirring) – Ooh. – (woman) That is a Sheikah Slate.
– Okay. – (woman) Take it.
– What’s a Sheikah Slate? – It’s kind of like what I’m holding. Uh, and it vibrated too. (hologram blipping)
Sheikah Slate. – “A mysterious tablet
with a glowing center. You’ve never seen
this device before, and yet, there’s something familiar about it.” – Well… that was my puzzle. – What?
– Have fun. (laughing)
– I think this is a bad idea. – This is so cool.
Oh, now there’s a map right there, and the sounds of things, so it’s like– – Oh, chests! (chest rattling)
– (gasping) – Shiny!
♪ (acquired item chime) ♪ (laughing) Worn trous–
– Okay, good. I mean, we need to dress him eventually. – I like those better than
the shorts he was wearing. Can I put those on? – Customize your character?
– I got pants! Next one. Where is my shirt? (chest rattling) – (humming chime)
♪ (acquired item chime) ♪ – Old shirt. – Not a new shirt. Just old. – Where’s my green tunic? – Wait, let’s examine this. ♪ (soft chime) ♪ – (woman) Hold the Sheikah Slate
up to the pedestal. – This is so cool. – Rocking those earrings.
(slate hums and pulsates) – I made it in a room.
I made it past. This is great. – Here we go! – I can jump? Oh, okay. And B is sprint. – Nice! Oh, how are you going to jump?
– Parkour. – There’s a volcano.
– There’s always a volcano. ♪ (adventurous music) ♪ – It’s like that scene in Tangled,
when she gets out of the castle. ♪ Just smell the grass, the dirt ♪ – Guarantee you there’s a boss battle
right at that volcano. (both laughing) – There’s a ring we
have to go throw in it, right? – The map’s so big. – The music is great.
– Yeah. – Oh, this makes me happy. – A traveller.
– Okay. So I guess I’m going to go find
that traveller right now? – What is that–?
– There’s a stick. ♪ (acquired item chime) ♪
– A tree branch. (gasping) It could be used as a weapon. – Okay, so I use Y to use the weapon. – Look at the little mushrooms.
Everything’s sparkling. – We want the mushrooms? – Yeah, you want
everything that’s sparkling. – I’m going to go to that man
because he seems like a wise old man. ♪ (soft chime) ♪ – “Well met, stranger. It’s rather unusual to see
another soul in these parts.” – “Who are you?” – Oh, say it? Okay.
♪ (soft chime) ♪ – “Hmm, me? I’ll spare you my life story.” – “I’m just an old fool who has lived here
alone for quite some time now.” – “This is the Green Plateau. According to legend,
this is the birthplace of the entire kingdom of Hyrule.” – “I shall be here for some time. Please let me know
if I may be of service.” That was it! – (overlapping speech) – Wait, that’s shining. What is that? – Whoa, yo, this looks way cool.
– Ooh! – (laughing) Aw, yeah. – So you switch with this.
– Oh. – But you have to hold that. Gotcha!
– That’s the name of the system! – I could switch them by–
– Hold, I think you hold the right arrow. And then–
– Ah-ha! This one.
– Hey. – Oh, what happened? I can’t move. Oh…
– Oh, wait. – (echoey voice) Link…
– That’s me. – (echoey voice) Head for the point
marked on the map on your Sheikah Slate.
– That sounds concerning. – There’s never been a Link game
where you hear a voice. Not really. – Now we need to go towards that sign. – I really want to know
what that soundbar thing is for. Oh my god.
– It’s adorable! – Oh!
– AAH! ♪ (acquired item chime) ♪
– (meekly) Sorry. – Oh, what is that?
– Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! (squelchy noises)
– No! Come back. Got you. Whoa-ho!
– Well, that was easy. – Good timing.
– Do you take those? – Uh, well, not anymore.
– Well, yeah. – Those are guards.
– Oh, ooh. – Oh, you can do this one.
You’ll be fine. – Go away, go away, go away.
(guard snorting) – Oh nice. – Ah! Ah!
– AAH! Stop it! Get away!
I don’t know what I’m doing. – Hit him. Okay, there you go. – Where did he go?
– Okay, give me that. (laughing) – Oh, there’s more that way. Ooh, fire! No? Okay, I should go this way. – Oh my god. They’re on a hill over there. – I want a bow and arrow.
I want to shoot them from far. (Link grunting)
(guard snorting) – I like the combination of bat and pig. – Yeah, I know. It’s so weird. (guardian snorting)
– Hit him on the right. – Pick up the bow!
♪ (acquired item chime) ♪ Oh, okay, I picked up arrows.
Okay, I picked up a bow. – Oh yes! – Aah! (nocking bow, loosing arrow) I got it. I got it. ♪ (acquired item chime) ♪ – “Boko Bah”– bow. – It’s motion. Like
the controller, I move it. – Oh! That’s cool. – Nyah, nyah, no! (guard snorting, oinking) – Oh, he had a shield.
I’m taking the shield. – Nice! – Take your sword. – Swords are helpful. – Oh, now we’re really Link. – Oh, you’re almost there.
– What did I do? – Go, go, go, go, go, go. – Oh!
– Right there, right there. That cave. – Sheikah Slate. – Here you go. You can do this part. (laughing)
– Okay. Thanks. “Sheikah Tower activated.” – Falling rocks.
– Ah! – O… kay. (ground rumbling)
– Okay, this actually is Indiana Jones. Bye! – Oh, the squirrel’s alarmed. (birds twittering in panic) ♪ (tense music) ♪
– Wow. – I love the music. (ground rumbling)
♪ (foreboding music) ♪ – That is not a falling rock!
That is the opposite of a falling rock. – Watch for falling rocks? More like watch for the falling mountain.
– Right? – I don’t know what
it is but it’s beautiful. – Wait, are you at the top?
– I guess. – Nice! – He’s like, “How the hell
did I get up here?” – The Great Plateau Tower. ♪ (mystical music) ♪
– (groaning) (humming tune) – He backed up. He’s like…
what the heck is this? – “Regional map extracted.” Oh, do we have to go there now? (tablet grating) (tablet whirring)
– Nice. – All that for a map? (laughing) – “Follow the Sheikah Slate.” – Woo!
– Okay, so that’s complete. – Jump off the tower.
– Okay. – Nah, I was just kidding!
Don’t– (laughing). – Goodbye, world. Aww, I shouldn’t have done that. – (giggling)
♪ (game over music) ♪ – I don’t know why I did that. We died! (humming tune) – We’re back to my channel. – Drop down. There you go. Oh! There you go, sweet. (slipping)
– Aaaaaah! ♪ (game over music) ♪ – Please tell me we don’t have to restart. I don’t know if we’re going
to be able to get to the bottom. That sounds hard. – Hwah! (sighing in relief) Here, give me the controller. We’ve been asleep for the past,
what, was it a hundred, a thousand years, and you’re trying
to make him jump off a cliff. – Oh.
– You don’t need the ladder at all. (Link grunting)
– No! No! No! – (old man) HO! – I heard like a “Ho!” – Where’d the old man come from? – “My, my… it would seem we have
quite the enigma here.” – “I assume you caught sight
of the atrocity enshrouding the castle.” – “That is Calamity Ganon.” – “One hundred years ago,
that vile entity brought the kingdom of Hyrule to ruin.” – (deeply) “Do you intend to make
your way to the castle? (muttering) I do. – He had a feeling we’d say that. It’s almost like we only had two options.
– Yeah. (laughing) Oh, how are we going
to get down from there? – You can try jumping down. That worked well the first time.
– Yeah, exactly. – “If you were to try to jump off,
well, no death could be more certain.” – “If you had a paraglider like mine,
that’d be quite another story.” – Well, uh, I’m guessing
you’re going to give it to us? – Okay, hand it over.
– Yeah, uh, I like the “hand it over.” – “But there is no such thing
as a free item in this world, you know.” – I mean, we’ve been stealing
from people the entire game. I don’t know why we can’t keep doing it. – “How about I trade it
for a bit of treasure that slumbers nearby.” All right, that sounds cool. – “Treasure for the paraglider.
A fair exchange, I believe.” – Honestly, just give me the paraglider. – (laughing) Right. – All right, let’s go. – So we just have to go to that. – That’s like 20 feet away. I feel like he could
have just paraglided there and back. – (sighing) Where are my jars? I need to smash some jars here. – Any day now. – We have the little Sheikah thing. Puzzles don’t exist anymore
since we got this little… whatever it’s called. – Rekindle fire. – Oh.
(gate grating against ground) Thanks, we’ll see how this goes.
– Yeah. – I’m guessing we go in. – It’s the elevator.
– Beam me up, Scotty. (elevator descending) – This is a weird comparison, but it’s kind of like
2001: A Space Odyssey for me, where I know it’s amazing
and really well made and a lot of people love it
and it’s a classic, but it’s really slow-paced. – “To you who sets foot in this shrine,
my name is Oman…” “In the name of–”
– (giggling) – Ah, no, wait! Oh. (tablet whirring)
– Okay. ♪ (mystical music) ♪
– (humming tune) – Moist. Moist.
– You hear it? – ♪ The teardrops on my Sheikah Slate ♪ – (chuckling) – (whispering) Make the noise,
make the noise. – ♪ Do do do do ♪ – Magnets!
♪ (chime) ♪ We’re going to attract it,
so I’m going to need that for this puzzle. (warbling)
– Aah! – Oh, it gave us a tool. Oh whoa. – Do I have to do something out here? Oh, hello. – It looks like the controller.
– Do I activate? ♪ (tense music) ♪
– What? – (humming tune) ♪ (tense music) ♪
(ground thuds) – You found a secret.
That’s what that noise means. (water splashing) – This is why I don’t do things!
– You’re alive. – Here we go.
– Smart. Smart. (beams pulsating)
– Now move it. – Pull it out or push it in. – So how do I…? – I’m assuming just jump through. – Good enough.
– (Link grunting) ♪ (tense music) ♪
– I’m living on a prayer. Aah, there’s a thing! (explosion)
– Aah! Okay. No, I can’t use my magnets on them. – How do I do this?
Should I use my sword? – Yeah, hit this button a lot. (explosion) – I am so confused! There you go. There you go. – Hey. – Maybe you could crush it.
– (speaking gibberish). – Maybe the sword is not that helpful. Oh wait! Just kidding.
– Yeah! – Ooh! I got really scared there. – No, no, no, no, no.
Don’t move. – Don’t move it?
– Go across. Now move it.
– Oh, and put it over there. – I think you can magnet that,
so you’re probably going to have to move it to get it across this. – Good! Wee! We’re fine. – Just drop. Hwuah!
– Hwuah. Oh, this is fun. It’s fun when you actually know
how to do things. (beams pulsing) – Just– oh, that works too. – What do we got? – That’s Zelda.
– It is? – Mmm, yeah. (laughing) – It’s not!
– (laughing) – Wow. – Is she breathing?
– I don’t know. – We’re about to find out.
– Maybe she doesn’t have a gender. – “You have proven to possess
the resolve of a true hero.” All we did was move metal platforms. – “Please accept this Spirit Orb.” – Is this the treasure
he was talking about? – The true power was
inside of him all along. ♪ (victory music) ♪
– Ooh, Spirit Orb. – Nice.
– “A symbol of courage.” – (FBE) And that’s all for today. – (groaning)
– Awesome. – If I was alone in my room
for two weeks straight with the lights off underneath my sheets, I would be super invested in this. I would love it. – You’d probably finish it.
– Oh, definitely. I would not sleep. – They’re always adding twists to Zelda,
which is why the game has stayed alive for so long, so this open world aspect
is actually pretty cool. – Zelda and Link,
they’re not going to go away. These games are huge. It’s been around forever.
Like, it’s everyone’s childhood. – Thanks for watching us play
Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the React channel. – What’s your favorite Zelda game? Share down in the comments. – Subscribe for new gaming
shows every week. – See you guys later! Bye. – Hey, everyone, Derek here,
React channel producer. You know, like and subscribe and stuff. Thanks.